Sunday, January 28, 2007

One definition of educational technology (Wikipedia, 2007) is a collaboration of educators and technology to enhance the learning process. The definition used the terms “idea” technology, which I feels comes from the teacher, and “product” technology that comes from the computer. The explanation of what is educational technology is pretty basic but it is the how to implement it that is the tough part. I do not think that anyone would disagree that educational technology will enhance leaning but exactly how to do it cannot be easily defined. One has to be proficient in the technical aspects of computers to implement their ideas. This is where I am lacking. I do not know what all is available and accessible to me as a teacher. Once you start learning the product part of technology the ideas you have can be implemented. It will also help to foster new ideas to enhance your classroom. I would like to learn more about interactive activities for my students (such as power points and scavenger hunts). I noticed someone’s blog listed moviemaker, which would be an awesome project for students. I would also like to be able to create and maintain a web page. I am sure there is so much out there that I am not aware of and I am willing to learn.

No comments: